Real Estate Investing 101Jun 04, 2021
Are you thinking about investing in real estate? It may be the perfect time to purchase a rental property, vacation home, or to flip houses.
Here are some Do’s and Don’ts for investing in real estate:
- Do look for homes priced in the low end of the median price range.
- Do look for standard sized homes in the area; ie. 3-bedroom, 2-bath single family homes for rentals or flipping.
- Do purchase rental properties close to your home if you plan to manage them yourself.
- Do use one real estate agent to help with all your buying and selling needs.
- Do use my investing tools for proper calculations before you decide to purchase.
Here's the flip side...
- Don’t purchase a second property until the first is earning revenue.
- Don’t buy properties that you wouldn’t want to manage, even if you plan to use a property manager.
- Don’t buy a home that you cannot afford to carry for several months in case of a slow market.
- Don’t buy a home without having inspections performed.
- Don’t buy without title insurance.
- Don't buy with using me... ok so I snuck that one in here for fun :)
I can help you search for investment properties. I've worked with many investors and have invested in real estate myself. I treat the "deal" as if I were the one buying it. If real estate investing is a goal of yours then let's chat!
Like this and want to hear more? Awesome. Let's stay in touch.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.